- analyse hull shapes and wake flow
- determine wind resistance of cargo on deck
- study vortex-induced vibrations
- calculate the hydrodynamic loads on (semi-)submerged structures
- analyse the behavior of mixed and complex fluid flows
CFD techniques are a valuable research tool at Vuyk’s disposal, enabling Vuyk’s engineers to develop new designs and gain a greater understanding of their operations. Vuyk utilises STAR-CCM+ and OpenFoam software, and can also combine the results from CFD modelling with other in-house methods, such as 3D diffraction.